We have a record number of young people undertaking their Bronze, Silver and Gold practice and qualifying expeditions between March and July 2020!!
Letters have been sent home to all the different groups with details of dates, routes and kit needed but we thought a handy reminder of a few things would be useful:
- Please remember to send any prescription medication in to school at least 2 weeks before each expedition
- Medication needs to be in the original packaging with the pharmacy label attached, clearly showing your child’s name and the prescribed dosages and times and given to a member of staff on arrival at school
- Showers are available on the campsites we are staying at and most of them take 20p coins – we would suggest bringing a small supply of 20ps
- Quite often there are opportunities to pop into a local shop – although all meals are provided throughout the expedition, your child may like to have some change to buy a drink or snack along the way. Money can either be handed to staff for safekeeping or given to your child to look after.
All the practice expeditions this year are taking place over 2 days with 1 overnight stay and you will need to provide your child with the following kit for this:
- footwear suitable for walking
- 2 pairs of comfy socks
- 2 t-shirts
- 2 pairs of trousers (not jeans)
- a warm/fleece top or similar – school has a limited selection of varying qualities, please contact us if you would like to use one
- hat and/or sunhat
- toiletries, towel and soap
- sunblock if appropriate
- waterproof over-trousers, a waterproof jacket and a rucksack – school has a limited selection, please contact us if you are having trouble providing any of these
School will provide:
- food and drink during the expedition
- activity equipment i.e. tents, sleeping bags, stoves etc.
For Silver and Gold qualifying expeditions that take place over 3 or 4 days, your child will need extra socks, t-shirts, trousers, underwear and nightwear for each additional day.
If you are having any problems sourcing the correct kit for your child or you have any questions about the expeditions, please get in touch with us as soon as possible and we will do our best to help.