Well, here we are, half way through the first half term already! This week has been no exception to the others – busy!!
Staff have again been industrious, working hard building on their professional skills through our organisation’s comprehensive training package. As an example, at the Learning Centre 17 staff have just passed our Intermediate Team Teach course, so congratulations to all involved!
The New Bridge year planner is being populated now with dates, events and fixtures. A coffee morning has been scheduled across the whole organisation for the last Friday before half term, 23rd October. This will enable us to catch up with parents both new and old in an informal setting, and a letter with more details inviting families will be going out shortly. Looking further ahead, parents’ evenings are being held after the half term break – on 17th November for all pupils in the main school including the Activ8, Digit4ll and Lumenus pathways, and on 24th November for all students at the Learning Centre including Bridging the Gap.
We have made some new appointments regarding our pastoral teams:
- Year 7
- Head of Year – Matthew Thompson, Pastoral Manager – Sunnah Ismail
- Year 8
- Head of Year – John Barker, Pastoral Manager – Job Garside
- Year 9
- Head of Year – Anthony Neagle, Pastoral Manager – Jackie Soltyk
- Year 10
- Head of Year – Paul Southerington, Pastoral Manager – Diane Needham
- Year 11
- Head of Year – Paul Southerington, Pastoral Manager – Lesley Hand
- Year 12
- Head of Year – John Farrell, Pastoral Manager – Luke Hagan
- Year 13
- Head of Year – Chris Morris, Pastoral Manager – Sarah Wright
- Year 14
- Head of Year – Chris Morris, Pastoral Manager – Michelle Lane
Congratulations also go to Mrs Buckley who has received her long service award in recognition of 25 years working for Oldham – well done!!
Finally, we have had a quieter end to the week with children celebrating Eid – especially at the school, with the dining hall eerily empty on Thursday as 60 pupils joined their families at home.
We hope all of you have a lovely weekend, the weather forecast is looking good….
Judith and Roger